Monday 15 August 2011

The value of vacation

One of the greatest things that I have learned on this holiday is to take the time to appreciate the little things.  It doesn't matter to me about how many places I have managed to see while I've been in Ireland, but it does matter that I have gotten to know a small portion of Ireland fairly well. 

So here are random shots of some of the beautiful things I have gotten to see on a regular basis for the last few weeks.

Black Head lighthouse

cloud shadows on Aillwee

Finavarra House ruins

stained glass window at Galway Cathedral

Drumcreehy, a medieval parish church not far from Ballyvaughan

a rare sunny day view from the coast road - just look at the color of the water...amazing

up the mountain

view of Cnoc an Bhoirnin across Loch Muiri

a scotch thistle in Ireland?

a martello tower, 1812-16, built during Napoleonic wars to protect Ireland from invasion


No comments:

Post a Comment