Tuesday 16 August 2011

Almost over...

So today is my second to last full day in Ireland, and leaving will be bittersweet.  Part of me will be glad to be back; part of me wants to stay here and find a way to live year-round in Ballyvaughan.  This will be my last post until I get back to the States - tomorrow is set for apartment cleaning and shopping for a dinner party that Dee Dee is throwing.

Here are some more random shots of the flora (ha ha! Betsy!) and fauna around Ballyvaughan.

our upstairs neighbor Christy and Bella, his rescue greyhound

Leapy, Christy's other dog chilling in front of our fireplace

flowers and rock wall in front of our apartment

my alarm clock every morning, the cows in the field next door

rebels that we are, Dee Dee and I drove up a walking path to the top of one of the limestone mountains.  I was terrified, thinking that we weren't going to be able to get down.  I think Dee Dee enjoyed my fear...but we made it back.  And had wine with lunch.

bonus to treacherous mountain pass = views like this, the Caher River coming out of the mountains and down to the sea

boulder left perched precariously by wind and the last ice age

More pictures to follow from my last full day (Wednesday) as well as the trip back to Shannon for the flight home.  I am making Dee Dee stop at Clare Abbey for some pictures on the way to the airport.  Next post will be from Charlotte...sigh.  Why do vacations have to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment